The next part in our series will focus on how QLIMS can help with the extraction, research and testing of medical cannabis, with a focus on data management, quality, inventory, stability testing and regulatory standards.
Medical Cannabis Testing & Quality Assurance
With the large number of cultivation facilities currently set up or in the process of being implemented across the country, Medical Cannabis testing labs will see a massive magnitude of samples that will require testing and processing will be difficult to manage with just spreadsheets or paper-based systems. Furthermore, using spreadsheets is simply not enough to comply with the regulatory guidelines as there no audit trail tracking your samples, across reception, testing and disposal.
LIMS plays a significant role in overcoming such data management and trace ability challenges.
How can QLIMS help you?
End to end Batch & Sample Workflow Management
Data and Quality Management
- Record, manage and track tests for
- Potency of cannabinoids
- Presence of terpenoids
- Moisture Content
- Microbiological contaminants etc.
- Record SOP’s and automate QA/QC Protocols
- Track chain of custody
- Create standard protocols to manage shelf-life stability testing
Inventory Tracking and Automation
- Manage inventory, including reagents and all other lab consumables
- Integrate with LC’s, GC’s, ICP’s for complete automation of result entry and reduction in human error
- Generate COA’s and any other customised test/compliance reports
- Integrate to seed-to-sale systems, ERP’S, finance and billing systems etc. for end-to-end automation
- Print and scan barcodes
Improved Regulatory Compliance
- 21CFR Part 11 compliance
- Validate tests and results
- A secure, searchable and reportable audit trail for Increased transparency throughout all lab operations
- Track “cradle to grave” for all samples
These are just a few areas where a robust LIMS can improve your laboratory and business practices. By being modular, tracking the subsidiary and allowing for integration to any other systems involved in your medicinal cannabis laboratory, a professional LIMS such as QLIMS acts as an extension to your staff’s scientific skills and forms a critical part of the supply chain.
Stay tuned for our next post in the series discussing how a LIMS assists with manufacturing of your final Medical Cannabis products!